Terms of Hire
1. Insurance: We strongly recommend that you purchase Holiday Insurance to cover your personal luggage, money, holiday cancellation and public liability etc.
2. Bookings/Deposit: Bookings cannot be made without submitting a booking form, either by telephone, by post or on-line and cannot be guaranteed until the deposit is paid. Deposit to be paid within 3 days of submitting the booking form, unless otherwise agreed. If the deposit is not received within this time the caravan may become available for re-let. Bookings will not be confirmed until payment has been made.
Once a Booking has been confirmed, it forms a contract between the holiday guest and Devon View Caravans.
Only the people named on your Booking Form are allowed to occupy the holiday homes. The total number (including children and babies) must not exceed 6 (six) people. The person who makes the booking is responsible for all the guests in the party. If any person in the party is found to be unruly, anti-social or causing disturbance to other holiday makers, the whole party will be asked to leave the Park with no refund given.
We cannot accept bookings from groups of young people under the age of 21 and single sex groups of more than two people. Sorry, we cannot accommodate pets in any of the caravans and all caravans are strictly NO SMOKING.
3. Balance of Payment: The deposit is non-returnable. The balance of payment for your holiday is due six (6) weeks prior to your holiday date. Please ensure this is paid in full by this date. If the final payment has not been received by the due date, one final reminder, either by phone/text or email, will be made. If you fail to respond to this reminder within 24 hours, it will be deemed a cancellation and your booking will be re-allocated.
Should you wish to book within six (6) weeks or less, the full amount will be due at the time of booking. Final receipt and key release forms will not be sent until your final payment has been made or final cheque has been cleared by our bank.
4. Cancellation: Should you wish to cancel your holiday, please inform us by text, email or letter, as soon as possible.
Cancellation charges are as follows:
Over 43 days – Full refund, minus deposit
42 – 30 days – 70% refund minus deposit
29 – 14 days – 50% refund minus deposit
13 – 8 days – 10% refund minus deposit
7 days or less * – No Refund
*Holidays not taken at the time booked or not completed, are deemed cancellations and No Refund given.
If you use our payment plan and include the cost of passes, no refund for passes will be given if cancellation is made within 14 days prior to holiday date.
5. Easy Payment Plan: If you take advantage of our ‘Easy Payment Plan’ and then wish to cancel your holiday, all monies paid will be returned to you as per above charges. minus the deposit. Should the caravan you have booked become unavailable due to circumstances beyond our control, every attempt will be made to offer you alternative accommodation. If this is not possible, a full refund will be given.
6. Passes: Please note that passes are not included in the cost of your accommodation, but if you purchase passes through us, a registration form will be sent to you, which you must take to Devon Cliffs to obtain your passes from Check-in. Passes will be available after 2.00p.m on the day of your arrival.
7. Arrival & Departure: Your caravan will be ready for you by 4.00p.m. Please DO NOT enter the caravan before this time unless agreed by us. Please vacate the caravan by 10a.m. on the day of your departure to allow for it to be cleaned ready for the next holidaymaker.
8. Bedding: Duvets and Pillows are provided and have stain proof protective covers. Bed linen should be placed over these covers.
9. Damage & Security Deposit: A security deposit has not been charged, but the Lead Hirer will be held responsible for missing items and any damage to decking, caravan and it’s contents. Damage resulting in an Insurance claim will attract a chargeable excess of £250. If necessary, action in the small claims court will be used to recover costs, resulting in additional Court costs and a County Court judgement made against you. Please treat your holiday accommodation with care and respect and observe the NO SMOKING signs.
You are welcome to use barbecues, but please place them in an area away from the caravan and decking. Do not place barbecues of any kind on tables or chairs, inside or out, or on UPVC Sun Decks. As the owner is on site at weekends, caravans will be inspected after your departure. ALL damage will be charged for.
10. Lost Property: It is the responsibility of guests to ensure that all personal items are removed from the caravan on the day of departure. At our discretion effort may be made, if within our remit, to return small items but Devon View Caravans do not accept any responsibility for items left in the caravans or their return to guests.
11. Children: It is recommended that you supervise your children in play and swimming pool areas. Children under 8 years of age and those who cannot swim will not be permitted in the swimming pools unless accompanied by an adult.
12. Park Rules: For the comfort and enjoyment of all holidaymakers, please observe the Park Rules. Haven/Devon View Caravans reserve the right to terminate a holiday, without compensation or refund, where the unreasonable behaviour of the persons named on the booking, or their guests, might impair the enjoyment, comfort or health of other guests. It is a Haven/Devon View Caravans requirement that all holidaymakers are registered with the Park. Only those listed on the booking form can occupy your caravan and use the facilities of the Park. If this legal requirement is not met, your booking may be terminated and you will be asked to leave, with no refund made.
13. Facilities: Devon View Caravans do not accept responsibility or liability for any of the Park facilities supplied by Devon Cliffs, or the grounds and parking areas.
14. Parking: Please ensure that your car is parked without obstruction to other guests. All vehicles are parked at owner’s risk. Please drive carefully and observe the 10m.p.h speed limit. The Road Traffic Act applies to all road users whilst on the Park.